Friday, December 7, 2012

Trip to Melbs- Day one

Have been planning this since September due to the cheap flight plus a little impulsion. One of the strong reason that motivates us to end the exam as soon as possible, We Are Flying Off to Melbourne for Holiday!!

21.Nov.2012


One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, plus me, Nine. Yea.. we really wanna tell everyone that we are from Uni of Queensland LOL

Touched down in the Melbs airport, first thing came straight into my mind, I BROUGHT ALL THE WRONG SEASON CLOTHING!! I thought it's summer in Australia now, like how it is in Brissy. But what, that kind of wind and temperature definitely means winter! GG.com

Took the cab to friends' apartment, named Milano. The moment we walked in, we thought we were going to stay  in a HOTEL, no kidding. When we happen to know that around how much the rental cost for each month, *jawdropped*, no wonder it looks like a hotel. Too bad now I realized I didnt get any photo to prove it but trust me, no kidding.


Big warm welcome by this wonderful tour guide aka my high school mate aka my mother's friend's son aka Mr.Ting aka DANNY. Gonna have a special post about my appreciation so now gonna skip saying thank you first ;)

Dropped all our luggage, city we are coming!!

Each of us + Tour Guide Mr. Ting
First thing to do, feed our stomach. After discussing for like quite some time, as we normally did, we decided to have our first meal at Ajisen Ramen. Missed out the most popular Ramen as it was so happen to be sold out on that day. Tried the Tan Tan Ramen instead, not bad. :)


Filling up stomach, time to explore!! Walking around in the city of Melbs, bearing the strong wind under shinny sun, breathing in the cozy air, smell of Melbourne ;)



St Pauls' Cathedral
Photo bomb by Milo. LOL

Street art in the City of Melbourne, Graffiti.


Heard from Danny that the drawings change very often, amazed by the awesome skills they have. Simply add a lot of beautiful colours into Melbourne city.

Photo credit to Danny :)

Guys, I know this seems crazy. Sitting under the sun and don't really feel like moving? This just doesnt sound right for us Asian. But trust me, when you are really tired walking and when the wind is kind of freezing, everything just makes sense. ;)

In front of Flinders St Station
The above picture was snapped by a man that's suppose to be on duty at the tram stop. Some tricks were played by him and I believe that most of the people who went to Melbs must have experienced the same thing and be taken the same picture by the same man. My confidence came from what I saw the next day when he did the same trick to the other same gang of people. FUNNY! Haha.

In da Tram :)
Love the piano <3 td="td">
Quite a big town to walk around. We spent hours taking picture and discovering around, never realize that it was already 8pm ish. The day time is somehow much more longer than night time. Quite not used to it on the first day. But now, I miss it.

Had our first dinner at Stalactites Restaurant. It is a Greek restaurant that opened up 24/7 in the City. GOSH I am sooooo in love with it. No idea what was the food we ordered called, but I still have the taste in my mind now! Really, worth a try :)



After dinner, hide inside the toilet with the girls just to have the hand dryer as our personal heater! What a cold plus freezing night!!


It's a Wednesday night, managed to get to the night market that on every Wednesday. Forgot when was the last time I get into a night market. Seriously miss those in KL like a lot a lot a lot. Back to Melbs, yea, night market. With lots of food, and souvenir I guess..? Sorry for the super not observant. Teeheeee


Line for a super long queue for this, Churros. Sorry guys, this is my first time having churros. Haha. Taste really good, but fat enough especially with the choco dip. Hmm

Okaes. Kind of ended our first day with lots of walk and food. Haha. To be continue...


Before that, let's end this with a jump shot!

YEAHHHH!!

.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment