Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy Birthday to Le Brother

To this wonderful dear brother of mine, Happy Birthday! :)

If you ask me if I'll ever expect such a great impact when I first know him, it will be a definite No. But it is just so amazing, how God can build relationships for many different people in different ways. I havent know him for long, just this one and a half year when I am here in Brissy. And it's only until this half a year, that I get much closer with him. But during this short peiod, surprisingly, he had made a super great impact in my life. I wonder, how would it be for those who have knew him for years...

Let me tell you a bit about him...

Can you see the one standing on the table, trying to snap a picture? Yeah, that is the who. In our life group, he is the exclusive photographer. Each and every small or big event, he will make sure there's at least a picture being taken. And if possible, video recording would be even better. That's why, most of the time, you wouldnt see him in our pictures. He says, he just want to capture those important moment, he doesnt need to be inside.



I laugh a little when I review back this picture. :) This is the brother, who makes us smile, or even laugh at many many times. He doesnt mind if he will lose his image, if that means he can, through that, release a bit of our stress. 



This was early this year, when he went back Malaysia for a short holiday. We sent him off to airport, and I insisted a picture. I remember him saying, I will be back soon, why do we need a picture? But today, I am so glad, that I insisted. 

Yeah, FYI, he just went back to Malaysia again yesterday. But this time, it means for good. I cried, so badly. Never once in my life, that I send people off with so much tears. It has been so long, since the last time I came out with unstoppable tears. Thanks SF, you've made me the ugliest of Christmas season all my life. 

Some people asked me, why are you so sad? 

I dont know. To me, SF is beyond a friend. He is a brother, and sometimes, even act like a father to me. When I was away back home, he will send me pictures of the group activities, make sure I stay connected. Whenever he sees someone being left out, he will be the first to approach that someone. And you will see, he did not do it because he has to, he did it because he is willing to. He always asks, how can I help you to grow in God? Answer him properly, he will really do whatever it takes. His little white dolphin, which is the name of a car, is like a UQ9's car. He told me before, that little white dolphin, fetch people who serve God. :) He is always encouraging. Whenever I feel myself inadequate of doing many things, he helps me to see in different perspective. And trust me, his many simple example that came out from his heart, never fail to speak something to me. He used to be so timid when I first know him, but when he chose to rise up, he had done so much great things that I'm so sure, it's God who shine him through. He is just a very dear brother that I can share so much with, because I know he will never judge, and somehow it's just so comfortable sharing to him. 

Throughout this one year, it has been so many ups and downs for him. We, as a family, witnessed how he has been separated from his loved one, that she has to stay in Malaysia, while God continue to call him here in Australia. He lost his job, and through his perseverance, God gave him another one. When his visa was going to expired, God brought him sponsored visa. When he thought everything was going well, that he will be staying for few more years, God suddenly tell him that he lost his visa, and he needs to leave this place in a week's time. Yes, I do mean leaving and settling everything he has in Brisbane and go back Malaysia for good in ONE week time. He told me before, it is not great feeling hanging here and there, it is hard being so uncertain. But then he continue saying, where God calls him, there he will be, all ready. I believe it is so difficult for him, physically. But when he is so confirmed that God can do amazing things in his life, that God always has the best plan for him, I can see how willing he is, to just follow closely after.  

But to me, it is not so easy after all. After we've been through the visa problem, I thought he can really stay for few more years with his employer sponsored visa. But when I was being noticed, it left with technically, 2 full days for me to say BYE. Oh well, he did hinted me for countless times that I can recalled back now, but I am just too not serious to think that he was joking. He says, he was trying many different ways to see if anything will change, and even until the last day, I am still having hope. I guess it is just too sudden, and I havent really accept the truth yet. It is like part of my life, being taken away, while I get only 2 days notice. The brother said, I am a drama queen. But I guess, I am just not so good in hiding my feeling, like he did. Fine, I mean, I did not choose to hide.



Sf, finally you've got what you want all these while, back to Malaysia. Sorry for being so selfish and stubborn, wanting you to stay here forever. Looking at all those smiling and happy faces back there, I somehow think it might be the best way, perhaps. People there need you more than we do. Tonight, I want it to be the one last night of me crying. Tomorrow onwards, whenever I miss you, it will be transformed into something really powerful, that can keep me going like what you really want to see. Sf, I've promised God, that no matter if He allows you to stay, I will try my best, not to despise myself anymore. I want you to see a different me, and be really proud of this sister. I want everything that you've impacted into my life, being passed down to many. For you, I cant wait to see you shine even brighter for God. Together with WZ, I believe you both can do even even greater things. And please, faster get married. You know what I mean. :')


Thank you, for watching over me like a big brother all these while. Thank you for the many memories that we had together. And when I say I wish I would have never know you, I wasn't really mean it. In fact, I thank God, for this wonderful relationship in the family of Christ. I thank God, that I've know you, and the impact that you have brought to me. Super duper thankful that I have you, and I know you will still continue to be there whenever I need you. Thank you SF, you do mean a lot to me. :') Take care.




Sorry if I've went a bit off topic. I mean, Happy Birthday Siew Foong Yeoh!!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment